We love that our clients are inventing the future, from gaming to life sciences, SAAS to robotics: the innovation economy. As thought partners and operators in Finance, Accounting, Marketing, and Human Resources, we can play an important role in a startup’s journey, providing the right resources at the right time.
We seek Controllers who are adept in:
- Financial Modeling
- Financial Report Design – Budget to actual, dashboards, and other reports as needed
- Investor due-diligence coordination
- Transitioning from cash to accrual basis
- Reviewing revenue streams and document for treatment relative to ASC 606, taxation (state and local) in conjunction with CPA firm
- Reviewing COGS and document for treatment in accordance with GAAP and in conjunction with CPA firm
- Reviewing and applying Lease Accounting Standards
- Reviewing capitalization table to ensure transactions were recorded correctly
- Reviewing R & D Costs and document for proper tracking for R & D Tax Credit form preparation at year-end.
- Success in deadline-driven environments
- Adept at context-switching and multi-tasking with commitments across multiple clients/projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software (including QuickBooks, Gusto, Bill.com, Expensify, Carta)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or equivalent discipline required, Master’s degree preferred
- Eight years or more of related experience preferred
- Prior consulting experience strongly preferred (or equivalent, such as experience in public accounting
- Previous experience working with or at high growth start-ups strongly preferred
- Certified Public Accountant Certified Management Accountant designation preferred (note: we do not perform CPA activities but enjoy partnerships with CPA firms and are known for delivering “clean” financial packages to our partner firms. An understanding of their work or experience with similar partnerships is desired).
- Competitive salary range is $108 - $125 per hour, commensurate with experience
- Benefits are available for Part-time employees, including Medical, PTO, Pet Insurance, Legal Insurance, and Employee Assistance Program
Denali is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.