Founded in 2008, Denali Founder Consulting provides peace of mind to founding teams. Fast-growing startups need mission-critical support, but don’t need full-time hires in every function. We provide the expertise and fractional talent to help companies succeed and scale!
We love that our clients are inventing the future, from gaming to life sciences, SAAS to robotics: the innovation economy. As thought partners and operators in Finance, Accounting, Marketing, and Human Resources, we can play an important role in a startup’s journey, providing the right resources at the right time.
We are seeking Accounting professionals to join our growing team. Whether you join us part-time, or as an independent consultant, this could be a great match for you if you love consulting with multiple clients and enjoy remote and independent work while thriving in a collaborative team environment.
- Enjoy variety and a results-orientation
- Bring a professional and positive approach, curiosity and conscientiousness to your work
- Love strategic, holistic business planning and detailed, tactical accounting
- You seek opportunities to advance your career
- You want flexibility and the opportunity to do great work
- You may have owned your own business or worked independently and are looking to join a team
- You may have worked in public accounting and seek a diverse client base
- All of the above
In this role, your client activities include:
- Responsibility for the accuracy of QuickBooks and the financial integrity of the accounting records.
- Responsibility for all monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist HR with employee onboarding and compensation activities, including offer letters, stock option grants, employee benefits, and payroll processing, to ensure accurate accounting entries.
- Coordination of all contractors’ onboarding, payments, and year-end 1099’s.
- Annual Delaware Franchise report filings, if necessary.
- Assisting with customer invoicing and collections.
- Coordination of check runs and online bill payment for vendor invoices and employee expense reports.
- Assisting with state, local, and payroll tax filings, consultation with CPA firm as needed.
- Assisting with management of key vendors and customers.
- Providing “audit-ready” accounting within a framework of best practices.
- Assisting client with the design of financial systems and processes that will help the company grow and scale.
- Coordination of year-end Federal tax return with CPA firm.
- Assisting with any other financial and administrative needs of the company as a member of your team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in accounting software (including QuickBooks Online, Gusto, Bill.com, Expensify, Carta)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent discipline required
- Five years or more of related experience preferred
- Previous experience working with or at start-up companies
- Full/Complete understanding of GAAP Accounting
- Must be located in California or Washington
- Certified Public Accountant Certified Management Accountant designation preferred (though we do not perform CPA activities, it is helpful to have an understanding of the work)
- Experience in public accounting, or work with startups or high-growth businesses preferred
Location: Fully remote
- Competitive salary range is $55 - $78 per hour, commensurate with experience
- Benefits are available for Part-time employees, including Medical, PTO, Pet Insurance, Legal Insurance, and Employee Assistance Program
Denali is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.