Founded in 2008, Denali Founder Consulting provides peace of mind to founding teams. Fast-growing startups need mission-critical support, but don’t need full-time hires in every function. We provide the expertise and fractional talent to help companies succeed and scale!
We love that our clients are inventing the future, from gaming to life sciences, SAAS to robotics: the innovation economy. As thought partners and operators in Finance, Accounting, Marketing, and Human Resources, we can play an important role in a startup’s journey, providing the right resources at the right time.
We seek consulting CFO’s (whether you engage with us as a vendor or part-time employee) who love project work, ongoing client engagements, or both, and are independent while enjoy working on teams.
In this role, you provide clarity and credibility in the face of complexity, including:
Client needs: Ready to fundraise and need credible financial projections for their pitch deck. Have received funding commitments and need a defensible financial model for the due diligence process.
You: Understand peer metrics and deliver thoughtful and thorough financial exhibits to help clients seal the deal.
Client needs: Business is growing, and whether they’ve pivoted, introduced new revenue streams, or both, accounting for income isn’t as straightforward as it used to be. Auditors or acquirers may express interest in their business, and clients need to be ready.
You: Provide stage-appropriate services and peace of mind, from setting up scalable systems to correcting revenue recognition, sales reporting and support, cap table maintenance, risk assessment and mitigation, key relationship management and 409A valuation coordination.
- Success in deadline-driven environments
- Adept at context-switching and multi-tasking with commitments across multiple clients/projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a track record of effective executive presentations
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software (including QuickBooks, Gusto, Bill.com, Expensify, Carta)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent required, Master’s degree preferred
- Prior consulting experience strongly preferred (or equivalent, such as experience in public accounting)
- Experience working with high-growth startups strongly preferred
- Industry expertise: software, biotech, gaming experience desired
- Twelve years or more of related experience preferred
- Experience operating a business or serving as a CFO in a high-growth sector
- Certified Public Accountant Certified Management Accountant designation nice-to-have (note: we do not perform CPA activities but enjoy partnerships with CPA firms; an understanding of their work or experience with similar partnerships is desired)
e do not perform CPA activities but enjoy partnerships with CPA firms; an understanding of their work or experience with similar partnerships is desired)
Location: Fully remote
- Competitive salary range is $108 - $125 per hour, commensurate with experience
- Benefits are available for Part-time employees, including Medical, PTO, Pet Insurance, Legal Insurance, and Employee Assistance Program
Denali is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.